I definetly am a fan of Mz Fashion Closet's blog and was thrilled when she asked if I would do a featured interview with her. You can read it HERE. And don't forget to checkout the contest she is running to get some FREE LegLovers by Marquita Bianca merchandise! Good Luck!
This whole process of shooting my new workout DVD has been amazing. From the photographers, MUA's and the staff everyone has made this a memorable experience. I posted more behind the scenes shots from my most recent shoot this past week. We took this shoot to the beach to get both stills and movement footage that will be included on my DVD. I can't wait for you guys to see! You may have already checked out the shot (shown above) that Jay DoubleU one of my fave photogs posted on facebook.Click Here for my MB Cam pics!
I have received many questions from you all on different parts of my business and overall operating. One of the main questions is how I stay so organized. All my friends laugh at my endless To Do List but the reality is they are such a vital part to me succeeding on the path to my goals! There are only a certain amount of hours in the day and once they are gone you cannot get them back. Have you been trying to use your time more efficiently? Are you looking to get more things done in the course of your day? Here are the steps I use to organize my To Do list:
1. My Anything & Everything(A&E) goes page: I start by writing down EVERYTHING that needs to be done. Yes I mean everything! If I have to take my poochie Lex to the groomer it goes down or if I have a private Lesson it goes down and so forth. Take all of the things you wish to get completed and make your A&E Page.
2. Divide & Conquer: Make categories for your task that cater to your world. For instance I normally break my list down into 4 major groups (Personal, Business, Empire, Household) Personal is for the things I want to get done for me and only me. Business includes my clients, contacts etc. Empire is everything that pertains to the needs of my business. Finally, household is daily living chores, family issue, etc.
I go down my list and put a P, B, E, or H by each thing listed to start conquering the breakdown. Keep this list as you will use it and continue to add to it. You can also prioritize for which task require urgent action.
3. Today's the Day: Make a reasonable list of things you will get done each day this week on a separate page. Cross them off your master page as you place them into your weeks calendar. For extended Goals that are weeks or months out. Put the actual date down on your calendar and work backwards to place your weekly and daily to do list for them.
*Always keep your master to do list handy for when an extra moment arrises. You can sneak one more task in :)
Ive gotten alot of emails from you guys about the recipe list for drinks that were served at my birthday party. The Cruzan liquor company made these recipes for us and they are Super Yummy! So try them, be sure to let me know what you think and Don't Forget to Drink Responsibly(and be over the age of 21) :D
You walk into the office Friday morning confident, self assured, and focused. Your workday seems to go by effortlessly and you find yourself planning what will seem to be an amazing weekend because after all it is "Pay Day"! As you complete your 8 hour shift your supervisor calls you into their office only to tell you that this will be your last day working for the company because your position is being eliminated. Now the same walk into work has turned into a daze of confusion followed by a bitter storm of emotions. You ask, "How can they do this to me?" or "How did I not see this coming" and "What am I going to do now?"
Life on a normal day flows at the speed of lightning but when you feel you have no options how much faster does it seem to go by? Has this been you or feel like it could be in the near future? If you see this coming or just as a way to safe guard yourself for Success:
1. Keep a strong network: A network is good for so many things but mostly so if anything does happen you have a circle of career oriented individuals that you can tap into for support and job leads.
2. Get your "Financial House" in order: Seek what your options are as far as refinancing, downsizing, and restructuring payments of your various bills/loans.
3. Never stop looking: No Employer ever commits to you for life so why should you? Never stop looking at other job opportunities. Not only will this keep you on top of your situation but it will also keep sharp about what employers are looking for.
How can this happen and You still come out on top? Lets outline the Dos and Dont's:
-You are no one's pity party: Most likely your employer will be worse off after letting you go then you will. Many decisions to relieve employees of positions are rash decisions made due to a low sales day or sales quarter. Many instances can be worked out but lets be honest, if an employer doesn't see you as enough of an asset to keep you and try to work with your position or place you somewhere temporarily while the "hard times" pass. Then WHO NEEDS them! You keep your head held high!
-Classy always wins over Stupidity: As much as you may want to flip every ones office desk over refrain from doing so and keep the classy you in tact. Don't give anyone any negative stories to use against you as an ex-employee. This employer may one day be able to hire you back. If the job is worth it you may want to keep that relationship door unlocked.
-Pay me!: Don't be afraid to negotiate a parting payout such as severance, unused vacation pay, etc. The most anyone can ever say is No and we should never be afraid to ask for what we are worth! This goes also for filing for unemployment.
-Take time to find out your next step: It may take a few days to get your head clear and get back on the motivation path. Take the time you need to rest, re-amp yourself, and develop what your next step is going to be.
This is one of the shots that was considered for the Preliminary DVD Cover for mine and Ken Williams(BBK) coming out midsummer! Our Photographer behind this shoot is the one and only Jay Double U. He also produced the headshot that I showed you all in one of my previous blogs. I can't wait for you guys to see the actual cover! I'm so excited about the DVD coming out as another step for my growing brand! I'll be taking you guys on even more behind the scenes in my blogs and having some of my stylists, MUA's & more share their visions during my projects. How often do you get to witness the birth of a brand from the start. It's such an experience and I want to share all the tips of the trade to inspire those looking to do the same! Stay tuned!
I'm always on the road or in the air so I had to create the MB Mobile office to make sure operations at MB Enterprises still runs smoothly! I'm on my way to DC and in the 3 hours I will have all my web operations completely updated. How are you doing business on the go?
I am so excited about my upcoming workout DVD and recently we shot the cover shots for it! I of course took my MB Cam so I could get all the behind the scenes fun. View my Photogallery Can you believe this headshot though? Its Gorg! Our photographer Jay DoubleU decided he wanted to take some test shots while I waited for Ken to get ready and that shot was one of them. I can't wait for you to see the rest!
Thanks to every who helped us to reach 700 Fans on our LegLovers by Marquita Bianca FB Fan Page!! It has been an amazing experience to see the brand grow and how much you all love it! I love you for your support!
Are you a Fan yet? Click here to visit our page and join our Fashion Family!!
I had an amazing Birthday! Thanks so much to everyone who attended and helped put together what ended up being a weekend full production! Pics from my cam are posted on MY WEBSITE and look for MANY others to come from the other media that was there. I'll be posting more of my fave moments later :) xoxo